9.27.2010

Weekend Adventure = Glow

Luminous Passage
Day for Night

This weekend an event called Glow was taking place right in my neighborhood. Glow is a free dusk-to-dawn biannual event featuring the work of international, national and local artists.  Glow is the only all-night art event in the United States that emphasizes the commissioning of original artwork, and projects invite active audience engagement and exploration. Seeing fine art at night at the beach is truly an amzing experience. My favorite thing was Day for Night, a 12 hour film shot at the exact location during the day where the screen was set up at night. I was completely transfixed. We had the best time ever. I can't wait to do it again in 2012. Glow is a production of the City of Santa Monica and the Santa Monica Arts Foundation. I LOVE MY CITY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment