10.26.2010

Weekend Adventure = Roadtrip North

This weekend I made the 6 hour drive north to Davis, CA to see my parents and brothers in my hometown. I haven't been home since June and I was starting to feel homesick. I know the drive up the 5 freeway like the back of my hand, but there's still always something exhilarating about getting on the road. The landscape always looks different depending on the season or the time of day so I find myself taking mental snapshots along the way (and sometimes real snapshots as evidenced by these pictures...don't tell my dad...or the CHP)

Despite miserable rainy weather for most of the weekend, I had an amazing time. I was just happy to be around my family. I love them so much it hurts.

I always feel sad on the drive back, thinking of what I miss when I am away, hoping they are proud of me (my dad always tells me he is), hoping I'm not making a mistake by striking out on my own...thankfully I had some beautiful skies and a little doggie to keep me company on the long drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment