8.26.2010

P.S. Welcome to Blush


So clearly this is the new blog home of BlushVintageRevival (also on Etsy!). Maybe that should have been my first post...oh well. I hope I chose a name that explains my mission and portrays my individual style. I did play with a lot of ideas and create some mock-ups to get opinions on the matter (thanks friends!). Ultimately, when I think of my personal style I think of my little garden, of pink walls and white sheets, ballet flats and fresh cut flowers. I also think of freckles, my little dog, hazy days at the beach and the thick books that I keep as treasured possessions.

In the process of pinning down a concept most true to myself, it reminded me of when I moved to LA a few years ago and set out to make my humble apartment a home. I had only what fit in my car so naturally the first step was finding furniture I could afford and painting the walls, but I just couldn't decide on a color or general vibe. I carried around this page I cut out from Elle Decor magazine for a while...it was a bedroom with grey blue walls and modern mirrored furniture. It seemed like what I should aspire to as a grown woman. I went to a local furniture store and whipped out the picture thinking it would somehow explain my personal style. This woman, who I had never met before, just looks at me and says "You don't want that. What do you really want? Pick what will make you happy everyday when you open your eyes." I was taken aback by the simplicity of the advice, and those words still ring in my mind to this day. That day I bought my first piece of vintage furniture, my dresser, I painted my walls pink and I never looked back. 

I intend on using the same instinct when it comes to Blush. I'm committed to bringing beautiful vintage pieces and more to all the other lasses out there who have grown up but never grown out of loving pretty things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment